Apple Cash Pile is Equivalent to its 5 Quarters Revenue.
Apple (AAPL) total revenue for 2017 is $229.30B, with its current cash pile of $268.9B (up $7.4B from last quarter), it is equivalent of 1 year and 1 quarter revenue! Apple is the outstanding most valuable company in the world, by market capitalization and all metrics. Apple growing cash is a great sample of compounding power.
Here is what Apple reported for Q4 2017:
- Eps $2.07 est. $1.87
- revenue $84B est. $85.31B
- iPhone sold 46.68M vs. 45.51M last year;
- iPad 10.33M vs. 9.27M; Mac units 5.39 vs. 4.89M last year;
- Other products revenue $3.23B vs. $2.37B last year;
- Services revenue $8.5B vs. $6.32B
- Cash pile $261.5Bil compared to $256.8B last year.
- Per Friday's close Apple hits $900bil market capitalization.
- Source http://investor.apple.com/
See chart of iPhone sales and revenue for 4th quarter period in 7 years history.
- Revenue and iPhone sales peaked on fourth quarter of 2015, per data.
- For fiscal year of 2017 it has started to recover.
- Notice the 2017 revenue grew more than 2015 peak; despite iPhones sales unit is well below 1.36M compared to 2015.