U.S. Stock market next week, what you need to know
22-Oct-2017 20:04 PM
- U.S. stock market rallies last Friday and closed out another new record high with tax reform news.
- Volatility index briefly spiked last Thursday on the 30th anniversay of 1987, Black Friday.
- Market will be in full swing next week with earning reports. Here are the most notable earnings due out next week:
- CMG- Oct 24 after market close
- CAT-Oct 24, before market open
- AMZN- Oct 26 after market close
- GOOGL/GOOG -Oct 26 after market close
- XOM- Oct 27 before market open
- These are the notable biotech earnings: CELG, GILD, AMGN, ALXN, BIIB, ILMN, BMY, BMRN
Notable Economic calendar:
- Monday: Chicago Fed national activity index. ECB's Praet Speak.
- Tuesday: U.S manufacturing PMI. (Cons 53.6)
- Wednesday: Core Durable goods order at 7:30am (cons 0.5%). New Home sales for September (Cons 555k)
- Thursday: Initial Jobless claims 9235k exp; 220k previously)
- Friday: U.S GDP (QoQ) for Q3, est 2.6%, previiously 3.1%