ICYMI! Stock Market Weekly Recap. May 29- June 1, 2018
In case you missed it, the U.S. weekly stock market news and economy recap.
Monday- U.S. stock market closed.
Tuesday stocks sold off due to political drama in Italy. Notable big losers are from the financial sector. Dow Jones closed -391.64 points, SPY -1.15%, QQQ -0.44%, IWM -0.14%, IBB -0.45%.
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) stock down -3.40% closed at $227.03
- JPMorgan Chase & Co closed down -4.27% to $105.93
- Bank of America Corp (BAC) closed own -3.98% to $28.96
- Booking Holdings Inc (BKNG) down -1.64% to $2,076.03
- Acom International, Inc (ATV) stock rallied to pay a special dividend of $14.97 per ADS . Stock up +31.86%.
Wednesday the Italy bonds pass auction test. The U.S. 1Q GDP grew at 2.2%, revised from 2.3%. Dow Jones closed +306.33 points, SPY +1.33%, QQQ +0.72%, IWM +1.58%, IBB +1.34% over 200 sma.
- AbbVie Inc (ABBV) preliminary results of the modified Dutch auction tender offer, 75,743,313 at $105 per share
- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) earnings report beat Q1 diluted EPS 59c vs 45c, revenue $1.9B vs $1.88B. Stock up +25.82%, close at $38.35
- SalesForce.com Inc (CRM) earnings report
- Tesla Inc (TSLA) and Lyft entered into an agreement. Stock up +2.81% closed at $291.72
Thursday economic data U.S. personal Spending 0.6% vs 0.4%, Initial Jobless Claims 221k vs 234k. The U.S. announced tariffs on EU and Mexico. The tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from EU, Canada, and Mexico. Down Jones closed -251.52 points, SPY -0.66%, QQQ -0.06%, IWM -0.84%, IBB -0.06%. Trade war fear escalated back on with Canada first to retaliate.
- Madrigal Pharmaceuticals Inc (MDGL)- MGL-3196 achieves Liver Biopsy Endpoints. Stock up +144.96%
- Vikings Therapeutics Inc (VKTX) sympathy trade to MDGL success data. Stock up +101.01%
- CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP) clinical hold CTX001. Stock down -6.36%
- Micron Technology Inc (MU) downgraded at Morgan Stanley, sees NAND recovery as unlikely. Stock down -7.96%
Friday start of a new month, the U.S. jobs report 223k vs 190k estimate, the unemployment rate fell to an 18-year low of 3.8%.
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (LULU) earning report https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/lululemon-athletica
- Alphabet Class A (GOOGL) stock rallies for two days straight ahead of the shareholder meeting
- Twitter (TWTR) price target raised to $43 at MKM partners
For biotech upcoming data https://www.tradersfish.com/Biotechnology_formula/upcomingdata
The #BiotechCalculator with 83% accuracy predict data before it comes out. https://www.tradersfish.com/Biotechnology_formula
Thanks for reading.