ICYMI. Weekly Stock Market Recap. August 20-24, 2018
In case you missed it, this week S$P 500 (SPY) record high at 287.67, and iShares Russell 2000 ETF record high at 171.78. Here are the notable stock movers news this week.
Monday Dow Jones up +89.37 points, SPY +0.22%, QQQ -0.09%, IBB -0.17%.
- Tesla, Inc (TSLA) JPMorgan cut the price target to $195 from $308. Stock from -5% down at low $282.46 to close near high at $308.44 or up +2.94%
- Pepsico agrees to acquire SodaStream International Ltd (SODA) for $144 per share in cash
- Netflix, Inc (NFLX) after 6 days down, stock end the losing streak up +3.46%.
Tuesday S&P 500 record highs, SPY +0.23%, Dow Jones +63.60 points, IBB +0.93%, IWM +1.15%, QQQ +0.37%.
- NVIDIA Corp (NVDA) short sellers Citron hit with price Target $200
- Papa John's International Inc (PZZA) speculation chatter
- AAON Inc (AAON) made 52 weeks high at $43.20
Wednesday the US stock market pullback from all-time-high with Dow Jones -88.76 points, SPY -0.05%, IWM +0.25%, IBB +0.71%
- Target Corp (TGT) earnings report https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/target-corp
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS) stock up 30.51% on Cologuard partnership with Pfizer
Thursday Dow Jones pullback for the second day with Trump legal issue. Dow Jones -76.62 points, SPY -0.02%, QQQ -0.14%, IBB -0.58%
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA) earnings report https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/alibaba-group-holding-ltd
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) William Blair survey finds 'red flags' for Chipotle after Ohio Illnesses
Friday with NASDAQ record high, Dow Jones rebound from two days slumped up +133.37 points, SPY+0.60%, QQQ +0.93%, IBB +0.07%
- Foot Locker, Inc (FL) earning report https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/foot-locker-inc
- Geron Corporation (GERN) up +30.90% on JNJ job posting
- Netflix Inc (NFLX) stock upgraded to buy at SunTrust, price target $410