ICYMI. Weekly Stock Market Recap. August 27-31
***Reminder the U.S. stock market will be closed on Monday, September 3 for Labor Day.
In case you missed this week stock market movers news. Here is the recap.
Monday NASDAQ Composite hit 8,000 for the first time, S&P 500 record high at 289.90, SPY +0.77%, QQQ +1.02%, IWM +0.16%, IBB +1.75%
- Tesla Inc (TSLA) end plans to take company private
- Alny Pharmaceuticals, Inc (ALNY), and Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc (IONS) both stock trading higher after Pfizer Inc (PFE) rare heart disease drug reduces the risk of death by 30% in a study.
- Amazon.com Inc (AMZN) record high at 1,927.70
- Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals Inc (TTPH) FDA approval https://ir.tphase.com/news-releases/news-release-details/tetraphase-pharmaceuticals-announces-fda-approval-xeravatm
Tuesday CB Consumer Confidence at 133.4 the highest since October 2000.
- Affimed NV (AFMD) Roche (RHHBY) collaboration.
- Akcea Therapeutics Inc (AKCA), Ionis (IONS) receives CRL for WAYLIVRA from FDA
- Alphabet Class A (GOOGL) POTUS tweet concerned of political agenda as National Left-Wing media.
Wednesday GDP (QoQ) Q2 4.2% vs 4.0%. Dow Jones up +60.55 points, SPY +0.53%, QQQ +1.15%, IBB +1.26%
- Roku (ROKU) stock down due to Amazon.com (AMZN) launching free video service
- Amazon.com (AMZN) stock hitting record high at 1,998..69
- Apple Inc (AAPL) all-time high at 223.23
Thursday the US stock market retreat after POTUS back $200 billion in China tariffs as early as next week. Dow Jones -137.65 points, SPY -0.40%, QQQ -0.18%, IBB +0.39%, QQQ -0.18%
- Electronic Arts (EA) cut FY 19 bookings guidance to $5.2B from $5.55B
- Amazon.com (AMZN) hit 2,000 level for the first time. Intraday high as 2,009.67
- Guess? Inc (GES) earning report https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/guess-inc
Friday Dow Jones -22.10 points.
- Ambarella Inc (AMBA) earning report https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/ambarella-inc
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (LULU) earning report https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/lululemon-athletica