ICYMI, Weekly Stocks Market Recap. Nov 12-16
In case you missed it, this week stock market mover news and recap.
Monday the U.S. stock market continues to plummet as Dow Jones closed down -601.37 points, SPY -1.90%, QQQ -3.03%, IWM -1.95%, IBB -3.04%
- Athenahealth (ATHN) to be acquired by Veritas Capital for r$135 per share in cash.
- Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) results from Vascepa REDUCE-IT show robust efficacy
- Apple Inc (AAPL) stock slide due to one of its facial recognition suppliers cut outlook, Lumentum Holdings, Inc (LITE)
- Goldman Sachs Group, Inc (GS) stock continues to be down from last week's Bloomberg article on Goldman's Blankfein scandal.
Tuesday stocks continued to slide with Dow Jones closed -100.69 points, SPY -0.19%, QQQ +0.08%, IBB -0.40%, IWM -0.32%
- Viking Therapeutics data (VKTX) sell the news even after updated data, stock down -1.71%
- Amazon.com (AMZN) selected two new headquarters in Long IslNorthern Northern Virginia
- Madrigal Pharmaceutical Inc (MDGL) sell the gap news, stock from high $190.00 to low $145.43, closed down -21.60%
- Amarin Corporation plc (AMRN) two days slide after REDUCE-IT data update, stock down -22.40%
Wednesday the U.S. stock market fall for the fifth straight day, Dow jones -205.45 points, SPY -0.70%, IWM -0.73%, QQQ -0.76%, IBB -2.03%
- Macy (M) earnings beat estimates, Q3 adj EPS 27c vs 14c, revenue $5.4B vs $5.4B
- Netflix (NFLX) testing a mobile-only subscription
- Tahoe Resources Inc (TAHO) acquired by Pan American Silver for $3.40 per share
- Apple Inc (AAPL) continued to fall under 200sma, the analyst sees sales iPhone at peak, stock fall -2.82%
Thursday the U.S. stock market end five days losing streak, with Dow Jones reversal intraday close up +208.77 points, SPY +1.04%, QQQ +1.75%, IWM +1.43%, ibb +2.19%
- uniQure (QURE) announces data dose study of AMT-061, stock +35.66%
- Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA), and United Therapeutics (UTHR) global license agreement.
- WalMart (WMT) earnings report https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/wal-mart
Friday the U.S. stock market back to weakness due to chip earnings
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/nvidia-corp
- Facebooks, Inc (FB) trading at 52 weeks low after criticism from Wahington and NYT story of the social lack of moral when it come to ads
- TESARO Inc (TSRO) late day chatter of company exploring sales.