ICYMI. Weekly Stocks Market Recap. Oct 8-12, 2018
In case you missed this week wild volatility stock market movers, Wednesday and Thursday combined of Dow Jones down over 1,300 points. The rise of interest rate, bonds market selling, and global macroeconomy tension. Then on Friday market rebound over 400 points, but only to fades back down again. We haven't seen this volatility since February this year. This is the worst start of Q4 in many years.
Here is the recap.
Monday Dow Jones continues to fall -200 points intraday, but recovery back the lost and end the day up +39.73 points, SPY -0.01%, QQQ -0.61%, IWM -0.20%, IBB -0.76%
- Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras upgraded to Buy at Santander +10.57%
- Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARWR) stock fall for three days straight after last week press. In five day down -28.63%
- Tesla Inc (TSLA) for five-day stock down -19.34%
- Menlo Therapeutics Inc (MNLO) serlopitant fails stock down -39.57%
Tuesday the bonds market reopen, but the US market continued to be weak. Dow Jones closed -56.21 points, SPY-0.15%, QQQ +0.32%, IWM -0.39%, IBB -0.45%
- Trevena Inc (TRVN) plunges after FDA posts briefing docs, stock down -64.09%
- Tesla (TSLA) Macquarie starts at Outperform, PT $430. Stock up +4.89%
- Walmart (WMT) upgraded to Buy at Deutsche Bank, PT $113
- Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) Bill Ackman $900 million stake
Wednesday the US market gap down market, and continued to sell off. The worst of for the year, fear of rising interest, yield, bonds and global economy trade war. Dow Jones -820.74 points, SPY -3.18%, QQQ -4.40%, IWM -2.87%, IBB -3.32%.
- Akorn, Inc (AKRX) FDA approval ANDA for hypotrichosis
- Neovasc Inc (NVCN)Reducer was granted Breakthrough Device Designation from FDA
- Acelrx Pharmaceuticals (ACRX) slide on the FDA briefing doc premarket, but
- Amazon.com (AMZN) down --6.15%
- Booking Holdings Inc (BKNG) down --4.37%
- Netflix Inc (NFLX) -8.38%
- Alphabet Class A (GOOGL) -4.63%
- Facebook (FB)-4.13%
Thursday the US market continued the second day dropped with Dow Jones -545.91 points, SPY -2.20%, QQQ -1.24%, IBB -2.00%, IWM -1.91%. The worst back to back day pullback not seen since February this year. Gold miners ETF rallies as 'safe haven' for the market pullback.
- Avenue Therapeutics Inc (ATXI) +60.48% technical chart breakout
- Acelrx Pharmaceuticals (ACRX) +10.86% second-day rallies after FDA briefing docs
- Direxion Daily Gold Miners Index Bull (NUGT) +20.18%
- RH (RH) announces $700M share repurchase authorization.
Friday the Dow Jones rebound with +400 points intraday, but also faded back to red, and end the day up +287.16 points. SPY +1.41%, QQQ +2.78%, IWM +0.02%, IBB +1.99%.
- Iovance Biotherapetuics Inc (IOVA) 22m share spot secondary priced at $9.97
- Facebook (FB) says 30M people with access token impacted by a breach
- Snap Inc (SNAP) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Pivotal Research. PT $8
- JPMorgan Chase & Co(JPM)earnings report Q4 Eps $2.34 VS $2.35, REVENUE $27.3B VS $27.5B
- Acelrx Pharmaceuticals (ACRX) FDA Advisory Committee Recommends Approval of DSUVIA with 10-3 yes vote