Ideas/Opinion: Biotech Stocks Trading Near Cash Value
Since the start of October, the biotechnology sector plunges to uncharted territory. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB) drops 19%, the Spdr S&P Biotech Etf (XBI) drops ~24% since October. This elevator down leaves investors in shocked, and most are staying away from the sector. But for a value investor, this may come as an opportunity to invest. One of the key metrics I look for when the sector took this huge drops is the company's cash per share. Here are the small-cap biotech companies trading near or above their cash price.
- Aduro Biotech Inc (ADRO)
- Ardelyx Inc (ARDX)
- Calithera Biosciences Inc (CALA)
- Catalyst Biosciences Inc (CBIO)
- Corvus Pharmaceuticals Inc (CRVS)
- Jounce Therapeutics Inc (JNCE)
- Magenta Therapeutics Inc (MGTA)
- Melinta Therapeutics Inc (MLNT)
- Otonomy Inc (OTIC)
- Pieris Pharmacutitcals Inc (PIRS)
- Paratek Pharmaceuticals Inc (PRTK)
- Scpharmaceuticals Inc (SCPH)
- Surface Oncology Inc (SURF)
- Synlogic Inc (SYBX)
- Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE)
- Zosano Pharma Corp (ZSAN)
- Zynerba Pharmaceuticals Inc (ZYNE)
We know there are more biotech stocks out there trading near cash value, feel free to share your comment to the list.
Disclaimer: I (we) do not hold any long positions from the stocks mentioned above. These are ideas and opinion only.