Market Recap~ Feb 12-16, 2018
The U.S. stock market open with Dow +300 points premarket, continues to rally over 500 points intra-day before finished with +407.55 points. Leading the overall market bounce were biotech with IBB +1.59%, XBI +2.03%. The S&P 500 +1.46% and IWM +0.95%.
On Tuesday the ETFs performance: SPY+0.25%, IWM +0.22%, QQQ +0.52%, and IBB +0.18%.
The U.S.. economic data on Wednesday, Consumer Prices Index (CPI) rose 0.5% vs 0.3% in January. and the Retail Sales -0.3% vs 0.2%. These two data worry investors of inflation economy. The index futures point Dow -220 points at open. Market has made a recovery intraday and finished with S&P 500 +1.35% and Dow +253.04 points.
On Thursday, market continued the rallies with Dow +307.16 points, S&P 500 +1.24%, IBB +0.94%, Russell 300 +1.09%. This is the second straight day market ETF has gain 1%. Notable leading the market higher are the technology sector, with AAPL +3.36%, NFLX +5.36%, TSLA +3.65% and BIDU +5.22%.
Friday economic news: Building Permits 1.396M vs 1.29M, Import Price Index 1% vs 0.6%, Export Price Index 0.8% vs 0.3% and Housing Starts 9.7% vs 3.4% consensus. The market has a "calmer" end of the week trading compare to last week volatile.
*** Reminder U.S.. Stock Market will closed on Monday, Feb 19, 2018 for Presidents' Day. Be sure to check our event calendar to stay up-to-date https://www.tradersfish.com/Calendar/event
- AXON CEO resigns
- BABA Streaming service will soon host Disney content
- CTRV reaches agreement with the FDA on the NDA package for TXL-GN
- CBIO offering 2.94M secondary priced at $34.00.
- UAA report Q4 adj, EPS 0c vs 0c. revenue $1.4B vs $1.31B
- BIDU earning reports, see link https://www.tradersfish.com/earning/display_table/26
- TWLO earning report, see link https://www.tradersfish.com/earning/display_table/38
- DBVT FDA supports submission of Viaskin Peanut application
- TTPH after hours yesterday, press release of fail phase 3 trial
- CMG stock pop 15.35%with new CEO
- TEVA get boosted with Berkshire takes a new 18.9 million-share stake
- AMAG FDA approval of Makena yesterday.
- SEDG Q4 EPS 85c vs 65c, revenue $189.3M vs $180.71M
- CALA get upgraded to Buy at Citi, Price Target $14.
- ANET earning reported yesterday, EPS $1.71 vs $1.41, revenue $467.9M vs $145.67M
- CMG end the 5 day trading with +19.64% after new CEO was announced .
Thanks for reading. Have a great three days weekend.
Twitter @BiotechMoney18 and @TradersFish