Market Recap January 2-4, 2019.
The first trading week of the 2019 year started out with volatility and excitement. From the biotechnology sector, big pharmaceuticals companies raised drugs prices to mega-acquisition, and from the technology sector, Apple Inc (AAPL) cut its revenue Q1 2018. Then finished the week with Fed chair Powells speak says the Fed will be patient with rate hikes. All of this news in just three days trading this week.
Wednesday the first trading day of the 2019 year. The Dow Jones end green +18.78 points after -400 points slide at the open, SPY +0.10%, QQQ +0.40%, IWM +0.57%, IBB +1.11%.
- Tesla Inc (TSLA) 90,700 Q4 2018 vehicle production and deliveries, and announcing $2,000 price reduction
- Netflix (NFLX) poaches CFO from Activision Bizzard
- Novavax (NVAX) files $100 ATM offering
- Allergan (AGN) raised list prices on more than 50 drugs, AbbVie Inc (ABBV) increased by 6.2% of the list price of its blockbuster rheumatoid arthritis
Thursday Dow Jones closed over -600 points down
- Apple Inc (APPL) cut Q1 2018 guidance, from $89B-$93B to $84B to Vs $91.5B.
- Bristol Myers Squibb Co (BMY) acquire Celgene Corporation (CELG) for approximately $74 billion.
- Delta Airlines Inc Inc (DAL) issues a slightly lower revenue growth outlook
Friday the U.S. job growth surges by 312,000 in December. The technology sector leading the rallies. Dow Jones +746.94 points, SPY +3.35%, QQQ +4.28%, IWM 3.74%, IBB +5.03%.
- Netflix (NFLX) added to Goldman Sach Conviction buy list https://www.tradersfish.com/Analyst stock rallies +9.72% closed at $297.57.
- Alibaba (BABA 7.01%), Baidu (BIDU) +4.03% Chinese ADRs rallies in hope for the trade war resolution.
- NVIDIA Corp (NVDA)+6.41%
- Amazon.com Inc (AMZN) +5.01%
- Facebook (FB) +4.71%
- GOOGL +5.13%
For biotech investors looking for data run-up this Q1, here are the list for Phase 2 and 3. https://www.tradersfish.com/Biotechnology_formula/upcomingdata