Opinion/Ideas: The Fall of Big Cap Biotech Stocks.
The most talk about big-cap biotech falling is Celgene Corp (CELG) which is down -4.70% as of today closed. Celgene Corp (CELG) is 8.31% weight to iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB). Additionally, the top ten holding in (IBB), there are five other big-cap biotech stocks dropping more than 20% from their 52 week-highs. Here the top 10 weight in iShares Nasdaq Biotech ETF (IBB) and their performance.
Company Weight %
- Celgene Corp (CELG) 8.31%
- Amgen Inc (AMGN) 7.89%
- Biogen Inc (BIIB) 7.87%
- Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD) 7.62%
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) 5.38%
- Illumina Inc (ILMN) 4.39%
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN) 3.94%
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXN) 3.67%
- Mylan N.V. (MYL) 2.93%
- BioMarin Pharmaceuticals Inc (BMRN) 2.07%
As for performance: the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB) 3 months is down -3.61%, Year-To-Date down -0.37% and 1 month is up +1.35%. The best performance for this year big-cap biotech is Illumina Inc (ILMN), YTD up +22.79% and 1-year up +51.57%. The worse performance is Celgene Corp (CELG), YTD down -28.43%, 3-months down -21.59% and 1 year down -36.12%. Is this the buying opportunity time for CELG?