Therapeutics Biotech Strikes this Week, Madrigal, Revance, Vikings, RARX and GALT.
Biotech, biotech, and biotech. If you are rookie to investing world, using conventional approach on stock picking,and wondering why there are lofty numbers of investors/ traders that heavily focus in small cap biotech sector, the answer is, it offers boom and bust return, which I hope you get the boom performance. Small caps biotech that are in clinical stage, their stock price is heavily reliant on their data read out/catalyst, resulting volatile effect on share price.
Here are this week biotech movers recap: Notable this week, Vikings and Galectin initial reaction were reversed/ aka headfake price action movement.
- SAGE Therapeutics +79.90% ~ positive data of SAGE -217 for MDD* ($7Bil Market Cap)
- MADRIGAL Pharmaceuticals +64.06% ~ achieves primary endpoint MGL-3196 P2 of NASH Study* ($1.02Bil Market Cap)
- REVANCE Therapeutics +25.32% ~ positive P3 top line results for RT002* ($1.07Bil Market Cap)
- VIKING Therapeutics +35.10% ~ sympathy move with Madrigal Pharma* (*$117.82M Market Cap)
- GALECTIN Therapeutics -30.65% ~ initial reaction, followed by Thursday and Friday bounce putting it at flat/ unchanged for the week* announces result from P2 NASH-CX trial. ($86.6M Market Cap)