U.S. Stock Market Weekly Recap. Feb 19-23, 2018
Tuesday Dow Jones closes -258.69 points or 1.02%, IWM -0.82%, SPY -0.59% and IBB -2.05% ending the market six days rallies bounce, as Walmart weighs.
Wednesday economic data: Existing home sales fall 3.2% in January, vs 0.8% increase estimate. the number existing homes sales are 5.38M vs 5.61M. The Fed FOMC meeting minutes stronger growth lifts likelihood of further hikes. Dow spiked to +300 points after FOMC, but closing down -166.97 points, SPY -0.53%, IBB -0.16%. The second day U.S. market with weak closed.
Thursday Jobless claims 1,875k vs 1,930k, Initial Jobless claims 222k vs 230k. This is the 5 weeks lows. Dow +164.70 points, SPY +0.08%, IBB -0.61%, iwm -0.16%, qqq -0.01%.
Friday lack of economic data, but the market end the week with strong rallies. Dow +347.51 points, SPY +1.59%, IWM +1.30%, QQQ +2.04% and IBB +2.08%. Leader this week was technology and biotech sector.
Monday- U.S. stock market closed.
- VYGR announce global strategic collaboration with AbbVie (ABBV)
- WMT earning reports Q4 adj EPS $1.33 vs $1.37, slow down in U.S. ecommerce
- MDXG postpones release of FY17
- PCLN Priceline name changing to Booking Holdings, new ticker "BKNG"
- PTLA CHMP negative vote for betrixaban
- GWPH phase 2a proof of concept study di not meet endpoint
- AAOI earning report Q4 EPS 89c vs 83c, revenue $79.9M vs $85.52M est
- AAOI negative reaction to earning numbers https://www.tradersfish.com/earning/display_table/50
- ROKU earning number https://www.tradersfish.com/earning/display_table/95
- SGMO collaboration with GILD
- STMP earning numbers https://www.tradersfish.com/earning/display_table/47
- SNAP reality star, Kylie Jenner tweeted she is no longer use the platform, stock get $1.7B in market cap
- TTD earning beat, stock rise https://www.tradersfish.com/earning/display_table/96
- General Mills to acquire Blue Buffalo Pet Product (BUFF)
- JWN news that family finalizing offer to take company private.
Twitter: @BiotechMoney18 and @TradersFish