Wall Street Weekly Recap. Jan 22-26,2018
In case you missed all the excitement on Wall St stock movers this past week. We highlighted the most notable movers to keep you informed .
Monday started off with big merger and acquisition from biotech sector, with IBB and XBI rallied. The Government shutdown in it's 3rd day, but around mid-day Senate has enough votes to end the shutdown. On Tuesday, The Dow and S&P 500 hit record highs cheer from corporate earning season continued.
U.S.. Market opening strong on Wednesday morning with Dow gap up over 100 points. The USD index fell under 90 level not seen since Dec 2013, USD manufacturing PMI 55.5 vs 55.2 consensus, existing Home Sales were 5.57M vs 5.72M estimated for December and Crude Oil inventories -1.071M.
On Thursday, Dow soars 200 points after blowout earnings form Caterpillar Inc (CAT:NYSE) and 3M co (MMM:NYSE). Dow Jones finished up 140.67 points.
Last day of trading for the week with U.S.. GDP grows below forecast at 2.6% vs 3.0% consensus in fourth quarter. Core Durable Goods Orders at 0.6% vs 0.5%. The U.S. market finished strong; Dow Jones +223.92 points, S&P 500 +1.18%, and iShare Russell 2000 +0.36%.
- CELG buy Juno Therapeutics for ~$87 per share in cash.
- SNY Sanofi acquires Bioverativ Inc (BIVV) for $105 per share in cash, or $1.16B
- WYNN Q4 earning reports, adj EPS $1.40 vs $1.38
- NFLX hit $100 billion market cap extended hours. Subscriber growth more than Wall Street expected.
- TSLA announces new long-term performance award for Elon Musk
- INSM $300M offering convertible notes due 2025
- FSLR analyst see benefits from tariff
- BLUE closed at $200.20 level from biotech CAR-T momentum
- PBYI negative trend vote over MAA for neratinib
- AMZN Go. Cashierless Grocery Store, Pharmaceuticals sales, acquiring cybersecurity start-up Sqrt. Does it seem like they want to take over the world?
- VRX Goldman Sach with a sell rating.
- ONCE licenses luxturna outside US to NVS for $105M upfront payment and 65M royalties
- CAT Q4 EPS $2.16 vs $1.79, revenue $12.9B vs $11.98B
- NFLX continue to soar for three days straight after Monday earnings. Record high $272.30
- AAPL weakness due to analyst downgraded their iPhone X sales
- ABBV Q4 EPS $1.48 vs $1.44. revenue $7.74B vs $7.53B. Stock up +13.77%
- INTC stock moved higher with earning beat and raised dividend. Stock up +10.55%
- SBUX earning slight beat and was not impress by investor. Stock down -4.23%
- WYNN stock dropped 10% intra day with news sexual allegation against Steve Wynn. Stock close -10.12% to $180.29