Weekly Market Recap. April 30- May 4, 2018
If you missed this week all the market news and mover. Here is the recap:
Monday U.S. Market pullback ahead of Fed rate decision and waiting for Apple Inc (AAPL) earnings report on Tuesday. Economic data Pending Homes Sales 0.4% vs 0.6%, and Personal Spending 0.4% vs 0.4%. Dow Jones -148.04 points, SPY -0.77%, QQQ -0.47%, IWM -0.89% and IBB -1.86%.
Tuesday Dow falls 150 points intraday as Wall Street awaits Apple earnings. Dow closed -64.10 points, SPY +0.18%, QQQ +1.14%, IWM +0.49% and IBB +0.40%.
Wednesday Fed FOMC minutes keep the rate unchanged, 'risk of economic outlook appear roughly balanced. Dow Jones -174.07 points, IWM +0.38%, QQQ -0.59%, IBB -1.32%
Thursday economy data: ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI 56.8 vs 58.10, Initial Jobless Claims 211k vs 225k est. Today was a wild day, Down Jones dropped -400 points intraday before recovery back to green close +5.17 points, IBB -1.36%, IWM -0.54%, QQQ -0.01%.
Friday U.S. Payrolls rise 164k and Jobless Rate Falls to 3.9%. Dow Jones closed up +332.36 points, SPY+1.29%, IBB +1.06%, QQQ +1.90%, IWM +1.25%.
- Steadymed Ltd (STDY) buyout from United Therapeutics for $4.46 per share in cash
- T-Mobile US, Inc (TMUS) agrees to buy Sprint Corp (S) for $26 billion deal.
- McDonald's Corp (MCD) earnings report https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/mcdonalds-corp
- Shopify Inc (SHOP) earnings report Q1 EPS 4c vs (5c). Revenue $214.3M vs $202.23M. Stock close down -4.45%
- Karyopharm Therapeutics (KPTI) positive Phase 2b data. Stock closeup +10.93%
- Nutrisystem Inc (NTRI) earning report beat. Q1 EPS $9c vs 6c, revenue $210.9M vs $207.3M. Stock closeup +18.10%
- Apple Inc (AAPL) earnings report https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/apple-inc
- Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD) earnings report https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/gilead-sciences-inc
- Esperion Therapeutics Inc (ESPR)- 'positive' data update from the company, but safety concerns.
- Tesla Inc (TSLA)- earning reports and follow by Elon Musk stop taking analyst questions. https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/tesla-inc
- Achaogen Inc (AKAO)- FDA adcom vote against supporting bloodstream indication, but in favor of cUTI with 15 yes and 0 No.
- Exelixis, Inc (EXEL)- earnings beat https://www.tradersfish.com/Earning/exelixis-inc
- Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc (PTLA)- Andexxa approved by FDA
- Arista Networks (ANET) earnings report Q1 EPS $1.79 vs $1.51
- Apple Inc (AAPL)- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway bought 75 million shares of Apple, in the first quarter.
Thanks for reading.