Weekly Market Recap, Jan 8 -12, 2018
Did you missed past week U.S. stock market news movers? Don't worry, we have the recap here.
U.S. stock market started off on Monday with #Biotech as the weakness sector, and the tech continue the rally leading the way was Tesla (TSLA) deliveries over 100k cars in 2017. See our blog link below. On Wednesday, U.S. stock market Dow Jones dropped -128pts in early morning trading with concern China may stop buying US bond, but only to see market recovery with Dow Jones down -0.07% for the day. On Thursday, U.S. market back to rallied with better than expected earning reports from KB Home and Delta Air Lines Inc. Dow Jones +205.60 points, S&P 500 +0.70% and Russell 200 +1.71% closed at $157.49. On Friday, bank leading market higher with JP Morgan earning reports.
- AXON- intepirdine did not meet primary efficacy endpoint in studies
- ALDR Eptimezumab met primary endpoint in PROMISE 2 trial
- NVDA partners with Uber, Volkswagen in self-driving technology
- GPRO lowers sales view, to cut over 250 jobs.
- TSLA hit over 100k car deliveries in 2017 https://www.tradersfish.com/blog/blog_detail/126
- #TGT raises FY18 guidance EPS to $5.15-$5.45 form $4.37, Holiday sales up 3.4%. Stock +2.92%
- #PTIE positive topline results from Nasal Abuse potential with REMOXY. Stock +103.15%
- #GBT FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Voxelotor. Stock +19.07%
- HMNY Moviepass CEO tells Yahoo finance's Jen Rogers that it would consider an ICO. Stock +28.07%, closed at $9.17
- KODK Blockchain bandwagon. Stock +57.35% closed at $10.70
- NVAX price target raised to $10 from $2.25 at B. Riley FBR, Stock up +59.40% closed at $2.12
- #WMT raises minimum wages to $11/hr. Stock close at +0.35% to $100.02
- #DAL earning reports beat, ESP 96c vs 87c and raises FY18 EPS to $6.35-$6.70. Airliners stocks: Boeing Co (BA), Southwest Airliners Co (LUV) . American Airliners Group Inc (AAL) all rallies.
- #KB Home (KBH) posted better than expected earnings. FY18 Housing revenue of $4.5B-$4.9B. Stock +12.31% to $38.58
- Amazon (AMZN) hit record high at $1,276.77. Stock closed +1.78% to 1,276.68
- JPM reported Q4 adjusted EPS $1.76 vs $1.69 estimate.