Weekly Market Recap. March 12-16, 2018
Did you missed this week U.S stock market movers? Don't worry, we have the day by day recap here.
Monday U.S. Stock closed with ETFs: SPY -0.02%, IWM +0.28%, IBB +0.37%, QQQ +0.92% and the Dow Jones -157.13 points.
Tuesday Dow Jones continues to slide -171.58 points, SPY -0.65%, QQQ -1.36%, IWM -0.46%, IBB -0.71%. Tech sector leading the market pullback. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson fired by President Trump as shaking in the cabinet continued to stirred up.
Wednesday economic data, the Commerce Department said retails sales declined for third straight month as household curbed purchase of car and other expensive items. USD PPI 0.2% vs 0.1% estimated. Retail sales -0.1% vs 0.3% estimate, and Core Retails Sales 0.2% vs 0.3% estimate. Market closed with Down -248.91 points, SPY-0.51%, IWM -0.47%, QQQ -0.02% and IBB -0.12%. This is the third day this week market close in red, fear of tariff retaliate to U.S.
Thursday economic data Initial Jobless Claims 226k vs 230k, import price index 0.4% vs 0.3% and Export Price Index 0.2% vs 0.3%.
Friday economic data: Industrial production rises 1.1%; est 0.4%. U.S. Job opening rose to 6.312 million in Jan from 5.667 million.
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANTH) failed phase 3 data. Our #BiotechCalculator predicted right on 1/8/18
- Oclaro Inc (OCLR) $1.7 Billion in cash and stock by Lumentum Holdings Inc (LITE)
- Netflix Inc (NFLX) short-sellers call to short stock back to $300.
- Micron Technology Inc (MU) price target increased to $666 at Mizuho
- Proteostasis Therapeutics Inc (PTI) +54.11% FDA grants Breakthrough Therapy Designation for PTI-428
- Endocyte Inc (ECYT) +22.54% as stock continues it rallies.
- Silicorn Ltd (SILC) -30.57% Top 10 cloud player cancels New Cloud Infrastructure architecture.
- Arcadia Biosciences Inc (RKDA) low float biotech stock rallies +275.92% intraday. News announces wheat program breakthroughs. Stock closing up +311.23% at $47.99
- Twitter Inc (TWTR) working to allow any user to become verified, the Verge reports. Stock up +7.30% to $36.60 closed.
- Boeing Co (BA) stock slide for two days straight, closing -2.48% at $330.26
- Tesla Inc (TSLA) closing down -4.45% to $326.63, news of employees says automaker is churning out a high volumes of flawed parts requiring costly rework. -CNBC
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXN) ALXN210 show non-inferiority to Soliris in Phase 3 study
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA) plans to list on stock exchange in China
- 3D Systems Corp (DDD) earning report, Q4 non-GAAP EPS 5c vs 0c. revenue $177.3M vs $163.47M
- Ulta Beauty Inc (ULTA) stock added to Franchise Pick List at Jefferies. Q4 EPS $2.75 vs $2.78. Revenue $1.93B vs $1.94B
- Bluebird Inc (BLUE) Favus say sets up as short into ASCO
- Amyris Inc (AMRS) Q4 adjusted EPS 61c vs 7c. Revenue $80.6m vs $68.14M
Thanks for reading.