Weekly Movers Recap. Jan 15-19, 2018
After the three days weekend, U.S. Stock market soaring on Tuesday opened with Dow Jones over 26,000 level for the first time in history. Later intraday, the S&P 500, IWM, QQQ, IBB, XLF and XRT ETFs all turns red due to fear of possible government shutdown.. The #VIX +17.42% was notable strength throughout the day. As day close, DJIA ended from +283 points at open to -10.33 at closed.
On Wednesday, U.S. Market opened gap up with news that government shutdown may be avert. Most notable early strength came from biotech sector with the rumor merger deal. Dow Jones with 323.96 points gain and close at 26,114.51 level. The ETFs: SPY, IWM, XRT, QQQ and IBB all with 1% gain day.
On Thursday, back to possible government shutdown showdown vote (I'm getting headaches with this topic now). Notable small cap biotech (XBI) weakness sector. Dow Jone closed -95.70 points, DIA -0.92%, SPY -0.15%, ibb -0.13%.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average on Friday morning were quiet, but the most notable movers are: International Business Machines Corp (IBM) -3.96% and Boeing Co (BA) -0.71%.. Dow +53.64 points, S&P 500 +0.45%, IBB +0.66%, IWM +1.32%. Here are this week, day by day recap:
Monday: U.S. Stock market closed for MLK Jr. Day.
- #RCON signs joint development term sheet with Future Gas
- #HAWK to be acuired by Silver Lake, P2 Capital Partners for $3.5B
- #MRK upgraded to Buy at SunTrust
- #TWTR David Einhorn's Greenlight buy Twitter shares. "We initiated a small position in Twitter at an average price of $21.59" according to investor letter
- #EIGR phase 2 data fail to meet primary endpoint
This #BiotechCalculator predicted #EIGR data would failed before the data came out.
- #CELG in discussion to buy JUNO
- #AAPL get downgraded at Longbow. #AAPL will invest $350 Billion in U.S. in the next 5 years.
- #GS earning report Q4 EPS $5.68 ex Tax Legislation, vs $4.92. Stock slump
- #ROKU announced further advancements in OTT ad measurement with Ad Insights
- #GE Peter Stracar to succeed Mark Hutchingson as President and CEO of GE Europe
- #WMT added to Conviction Buy list at Goldman Sachs
- #TSRO price lowered to $150 form $190 at Credit Suisse
- #AMZN announces candidates for HQ2, including NYC, Dallas, and Boston
- #AMZN raising price of Prime monthly membership to #12.99 from $10.99
- #NVDA price target raised to $275 at BofA/Merrill
- #GE five days slump, making 52 weeks low
- #AAOI earning report set for Wednesday, Feb 21, 2018. Stock moved higher.